propanol, Propan-1-ol, Propyl alcohol, n-propanol
1-Propanol is the parent member of the class of propan-1-ols that is propane in which a hydrogen of one of the methyl groups is replaced by a hydroxy group. It is a short-chain primary fatty alcohol and a member of propan-1-ols.1-propanol appears as a clear colorless liquid with a sharp musty odor like rubbing alcohol. It has a role as a protic solvent and a metabolite, is used in making cosmetics, skin and hair preparations, pharmaceuticals, perfumes, lacquer formulations, dye solutions, antifreezes, rubbing alcohols, soaps, window cleaners, acetone and other chemicals and products.
1. Solvent for natural gums, polyvinyl butyral, polishes, pharmaceuticals; in lacquers and dopes, cosmetics, dental lotions
2. chemical intermediate;
3. specialty solvent in flexographic printing inks.
4. Used in the production of n-propylamine, which is an intermediate of medicines and pesticides,
5. Used in the production of feed additives, synthetic spices, etc.
6. Used in the pharmaceutical industry for the production of probenecid, sodium valproate, erythromycin, Dianjian'an, binding hemostatic agent BCA, prothiamine, dipropyl 2,5-pyridinedicarboxylate, etc.