Cyclohexanone is a colorless transparent liquid with earthy flavor, while has a mint flavor when it contains traces of phenol. The impurity is light yellow, which develops color as impurities are generated during storage time, from water white to grayish yellow, with a strong pungent odor. The explosive pole mixed with air is the same as the open chain saturated ketone.
Solubility:slightly soluble in water, miscible in alcohol, ether, benzene, acetone and many other organic solvents.
1. the main intermediate for the manufacturing of nylon, caprolactam and adipic acid.
2. Excellent solvent for paint oil, for organic phosphorus pesticides and many similar pesticides; dyes, piston-type aviation lubricants, grease, wax and rubber.
3. A leveling agent for dyeing and matting silk,
4. Degreasing agent for polishing metal,
5. A high boiling point solvent for nail polish and other cosmetics.